FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Formstool crashes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formstool crashes
    Posted: 20-May-2011 at 11:27am
We have recently upgraded our desktops to Windows 7 64-bit SP1.  We have install new Formstool apps on the new machines, but, when we try to compare forms, Formstool crashes.  I have tried with several different forms, from both a network drive, and from the C: drive.  I also tried to run as administrator, all with the same result.  On large forms, the Formstool ap will crash while loading the first form, but on small forms the tool will crash while loading the second form.  What additional information do you need from me to troubleshoot our issue?

Thanks
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2011 at 5:47am
Which version of Oracle Forms are you using FormsTool with (shows that version under help/about inside FormsTool ... like 10.1.2.3.0) ... does loading that very same forms module work in FormsBuilder?
Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2011 at 11:33am
It is Forms builder 10.1.2.3.0, and it does open the form.  I opened the form in forms builder, made changes and saved the changed version with a different name than the original version.  When I tried to compare the 2 versions, FormTool crashed.  I did download the latest version of FormTool before I tried to compare the 2 forms.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 8:14am
I did notice a support request last week that had similar problems ... and my case even FormsBuilder crashed when trying to open the forms, so i wrote it down to some module/reference problem. I will have another look at it and plan on doing some more tests to see if SP1 or Patch #3 (10.1.2.3.0) is the cause and if there is anything i can do. Unfortunately it will take me some time to set up a test computer, so please give me another couple of days to trace the problem.

Regards,
Stefan
Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 10:08am
I made a discovery.  When I use Forms Builder, I always connect to the database before I open a form.  My coworker will try to open a form before connecting to the database.  When she does that, forms builder will crash on certain forms, where my forms builder won't crash because I am connected to the database.  She found an Oracle patch that solves this issue; Oracle Patch p7047034.  I applied this patch to my Windows 7 machine, and it solved the issue with Forms builder and FormsTool.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2011 at 5:22pm
Fantastic! Thanks for letting everyone know!

Regards,
Stefan
adlittman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adlittman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2013 at 11:07am
Good Morning,

I have having issues with FormsTool crashing as well. I downloaded FormsTool build 326. I checked the patch previously mentioned, but it is only for 32 bit machines. I am on windows 7 64 bit, using forms 10.1.2.0.2 (release 2). I also have the same problems with oracle forms crashing periodically, it depends on what form I happen to be opening. If I sign in first, there is no problem. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2013 at 8:12pm
Adam, connecting to the database didn't help either (there's an option for a connection string on the compare/search parameter screen)?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic