FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FormsTool V3.0 Beta (Feedback/Bugs/Support)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
aaa4frms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaa4frms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 3:12pm
Stefan, I downloaded the 32bit version, and it reduced the comparison information down to the following.  Again, I just moved the changes from one form to another, which would have made the two forms identical.  The resulting comparing shows the following data length semantics changes.  I'm not sure how much of a problem this would be, it seems to be defaulted NULL values from one form to another, but it looks much better than before.

Filtermode :    Changed properties only
Current Date :  26-Feb-2013 2:13 PM

Object                                        Chng * Old Value    * New Value
--------------------------------------------- ---- - ---------- - ----------------
FNDRSRUN_20120723 - 022613 copy.fmb<>FNDRSRUN                                   
  Record Groups                                                           
    PREDEFINED_SCHEDULES                                                  
      Colum Specifications                                                   
        RELEASE_CLASS_ID                                                        
          Data Length Semantics               *    + Null       - Null
        APPLICATION_ID                                                  
          Data Length Semantics               *    + Null       - Null    
        SCHEDULE_NAME                                                   
          Data Length Semantics               *    + BYTE       - Null     
        DESCRIPTION                                                     
        SCHEDULE_TYPE                                                   
--------------------------------------------- ---- - ---- -       ----------
                                    Legend :  +      Added
                                              -      Removed
                                              *      Different
                                              P      Positional change
                                                   - Default Value
                                                   + Changed Property
                                                   = Inherited Value
                                                   x Broken Inheritance         
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2013 at 6:18pm
aaa4frms, i think this is another issue (unrelated to the inheritance problem). I added it to my todolist - There is still some work to be done in the compare/merge area of my code and i will get this (and other issues) sorted soon.

Regards,
Stefan
aaa4frms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaa4frms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2013 at 11:10am
I've encountered the following errors when trying to compare 2 forms.  I can compare other forms, but this happens on these particular forms, then closes out FormsTool.  I'm using Beta 3.0 build 326.  I have 3 days left on the trial version, so your quick response would be much appreciated.
aaa4frms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaa4frms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2013 at 11:12am
 Here are the messages:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: FormsTool.exe

Application Version: 3.0.0.326

Application Timestamp: 5125e93d

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17965

Fault Module Timestamp: 506dbe50

Exception Code: ebad198c

Exception Offset: 0000c41f

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 95ef

Additional Information 2: 95ef231382ecb2d32bea8faef90cd03e

Additional Information 3: 5fef

Additional Information 4: 5fefbe160425fae0c48dac4a1ca37b33

Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2013 at 11:23am
Can you please send me a copy of those two modules you are trying to compare to support@orcl-toolbox.com ?

Regards,
Stefan
aaa4frms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaa4frms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2013 at 1:48pm
I'm not able to send the forms, however, is there a size limitation?  The 2 forms in question are large forms.  Also, there are some issues with searches.  Some searches in smaller forms seem to work, where they cause the application to close, when it seems the form is larger.  Just wondered if that may be an issue.
aaa4frms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaa4frms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2013 at 1:53pm
My organization is interested in purchasing FormsTool, but staff haven't been able to do comparisons, and searches, due to the issue with FormsTool crashing.  I've been able to compare many forms, and do searches, but have had an issue of 2 large forms.  Hopefully we can get some information on this.  Thanks.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2013 at 8:00pm
Are you by any chance using Forms10gR2? That Oracle Forms Version has some problems loading modules (especially with big modules) unless you are connected to a database. Did you try with entering a connection string on the compare parameter screen?

Regards,
Stefan
aaa4frms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaa4frms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2013 at 3:22pm
I always use a connection string. 
We will be upgrading from ebus 12.0.3 to 12.1.3, and I am comparing existing forms to an Oracle Vision instance running 12.1..  Most comparisons work fine, but the 2 forms I mentioned don't.  They don't work when I compare them against themselves either.  Below is the version info for Oracle Forms that we have now.  My trial period is ending tomorrow, but I will continue to monitor this account. 

Forms version info:
Forms [32 Bit] Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production)
Oracle Toolkit Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production)
PL/SQL Version 10.1.0.4.2 (Production)
Oracle Procedure Builder V10.1.2.0.2 - Production
PL/SQL Editor (c) WinMain Software (www.winmain.com), v1.0 (Production)
Oracle Query Builder 10.1.2.0.2 - Production
Oracle Virtual Graphics System Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production)
Oracle Tools GUI Utilities Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production)
Oracle Multimedia Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production)
Oracle Tools Integration Version 10.1.2.0.2 (Production)
Oracle Tools Common Area Version 10.1.2.0.2
Oracle CORE 10.1.0.4.0 Production
ballo92 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballo92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2013 at 3:50am
Great new feature of v3 is 3-way-compare. For me the best selling point. I'm very much looking forward to a 3-way-merge down the line(hopefully).

Is the 3-way-compare available from the command line (would make it a great asset in a VCS)?

Now I already have opened a post, I might add a few other comments about v3 (I have never used v2, so this might reflect on my comments). The below issues are small annoyances, just wanted to mention my feedback if you are interested.

1) When doing a second compare in the same instance of FormsTool, it always fails connecting to the database.

2) Sometimes I get the modules wrong (old vs. new), but like keeping the old module on the left, so I drag the "headlines" to make them swap place. If you then do a view/edit on say a trigger, you get module1 on the left again. Worse, in difference viewer, it is not obvious which is new and which is old, because only filenames are shown.

3) The look of the tabs resembles Chrome, in Chrome I use middle-mouse-button to close tabs, I would like to see the same in FormsTool.

Since we recently started using FormsTool, we jumped right into v3. For us it seems ready for production, I use it every day, and I'm not alone in our organization. Great product, thanks.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2013 at 8:45am
Thank you for your comments Ballo92,

1) When doing a second compare in the same instance of FormsTool, it always fails connecting to the database.
i am using one shared api-context. Seems there is a limitation that i can't connect to different databases when a module is already loaded ... it's right now also complaining even if the database connection is the same, this will be fixed in the next build (same db-connection will work).

2) Sometimes I get the modules wrong (old vs. new), but like keeping the old module on the left, so I drag the "headlines" to make them swap place. If you then do a view/edit on say a trigger, you get module1 on the left again. Worse, in difference viewer, it is not obvious which is new and which is old, because only filenames are shown.
A module-swap-function is already on my todo list with high priority. The swap function is needed to support the new planned "3way directory compare" tool (which is grayed out right now). If a 3way directory compare only finds 2 modules and does a 2way compare then i need such a function to swap search results around to display it correctly within the 3way compare. Once i have that swap function it will be easy for me to solve your problem to. Please be patient, it will be coming probably somewhere around late summer!

3) The look of the tabs resembles Chrome, in Chrome I use middle-mouse-button to close tabs, I would like to see the same in FormsTool.
i didn't knew about that shortcut - i will implemented it in the next build!

Regards,
Stefan
ballo92 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballo92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2013 at 9:13am
Thanks for the swift reply Stefan.

What I was really interested in, was three-way-compare from command-line - is there an option, is it something that will come, or is not to be found on the todo-list?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2013 at 9:20am
>>Is the 3-way-compare available from the command line (would make it a great asset in a VCS)?

yes, it is. I still need to document it in the new help file though:

- new /MODULEBASE parameter, if you specify /MODULE1 and /MODULE2 only then it's a 2way compare, if you also specify /MODULEBASE then it's a 3way comapre!
- new /DIRECTORY1 and /DIRECTORY2 parameters for directory compare
- new /FILTER parameter (valid values are ALL,CHANGED,OBJECTS)
- new /IGNORECOMMENTS switch
- new /TEMPLATE parameter to specify a template for the TXT/HTML output
/PROP and /NOTRANSLATEPROPERTIES and /IGNOREDEFAULTVALUES switches have been removed. (/IGNOREDEFAULTVALUES  is now handled through the /FILTER= command)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2013 at 5:42am
Just released Build 327:

3.00.0327 27-May-2013  (beta!)
  Global, WinXP compatibelity, file open/save dialogs required Windows Vista or later
  global, the display message when registering the tool now shows correctly
  global, tabs are now closable with middle-click
  API, ignore database connect string if already same as connected (before, it raised exception when trying to connect a second time by for example opening two Developer Compares).
  DevCompare/Explorer, blocks/visualattributes and items sometimes showed up twice. (for example if First Navigation block of a form has been set).
  DiffEditor/PropertyEditor got a more modern looking gutter display style.
  global, new launch buttons in taskbuttons weren't disabled if api was not yet selected
  global, if "Always use this API" was deselected on the start screen then set the API to *Ask
  global, selecting-api and exiting without selecting anything left taskbuttons disabled.
  Api, if we find 32bit/64bit forms version mismatch then say so (show as disabled button).
  global, copy-to-clipboard function in trees didn't copy complete row (if fullrowselect option was set)
  global, fixed crash with 64bit version showing the helpfile due to a float-exception bug inside IE9/IE10 
  DevCompare, record group query properties couldn't be changed/merged unless a database connection was used
  DevCompare, was failing to delete objects that had child-objects on it

ps: FormsAPI Master V3.0 (32bit/64bit) is also progressing nicely and soon ready for download. Please see this post here http://www.orcl-toolbox.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=892 for more info.

Regards,
Stefan
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2013 at 9:28am
Just released Build 328:

3.00.0328 18-July-2013  (beta!)
  API, fixed a bug in loading reports modules ('$' is not a valid number exception happening in some modules)
  global, commandbuttons hint didn't always hide on mouse-exit
  global, remember mainform window size
  PowerSearch, ignored *.txt/*.sql/etc files, only fmb/rdf were searched!
  Added startup check for parentheses in installation path (which causes sqlnet issues when connecting to database)
  global, added contextmenu to pin/unpin/remove/open location in explorer/etc to recently used files/dirs.
  Support drag&drop files into the start screen (and open it with PropExplore/DevCompare)
  Editor-gutter only showed linenumbers as 3 digits and truncates anything above
  global, filenames with spaces triped the RCU list
  PowerSearch, dropping/recreating API context every 127 modules to avoid memory issues

Regards,
Stefan
gsurmont View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsurmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2013 at 1:35am
Hi,

search succesfull on 1925 forms (6i) but unable to export my result to text or html. I've reported the bug.

Regards,

Geert
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2013 at 8:01am
Thank you Geert,

I fixed the issue today in my development build. 
Looking at releasing the build next week.

Regards,
Stefan
ScottM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2013 at 5:51am

I'm using FormsTool v3.0 (329) 32 bit on WinXP.

Mouse scroll wheel doesn't seem to work properly.

After completing a forms text search, in the search results window, rolling the mouse scroll wheel causes the scroll bar at the right of the screen to move downward, but the window itself doesn't actually scroll. It appears that the only way to scroll down to see the additional results is to actually click and drag the scroll bar.

Thanks!

Scott
Stuporman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuporman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2013 at 1:03pm
Is the BatchAdmin Compile not implemented yet in V3.0, or is it a feature exclusive to FormsAPI Master?
Thanks,
Michael
liviudelureanu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liviudelureanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2013 at 6:11am
Hi!

There is a impact analysys in Forms Tool 3.0 ?

I've read in this forum something about :

" m - ImpactAnalyzer, search for table/packages/functions and list CRUD charts of where and how the objects are used (select/update/insert/delete) - groupcolumns and display fields in reports, items in forms"

How cani I use this feature?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic