New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FormsTool in command line is opening popup window
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FormsTool in command line is opening popup window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ranjith001122 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranjith001122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FormsTool in command line is opening popup window
    Posted: 10-April-2013 at 4:45pm
Hi,

I'm creating a batch file to compare two forms. I use below line in the code.

FormsTool /COMPARE  /MODULE1=%1\%~n2.fmb /MODULE2=%1\%~n2_c.fmb /OUT=%1\%2_Compare.log /USERID=gman/xxxxxx@designhp

When this command is running in the batch file,  a popup window is opening says like "Connecting to database"  and eventually the window will get closed.

The FormsTool popup window should not open while running this batch file.  This is the requirement.

I'm not sure why the popup window is opening when the formstool is executed in the command line.

Please help and guide.

Thank you.
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2013 at 7:42pm
You will have to use FormsTool V3.0 version. The new V3 version has the code/functionality completely separated from the GUI and will work a lot better in command line mode. The old V2 version has it the other way around and is using the GUI events (onshow/onactivate/etc triggers) to drive the code, i have most of the things set to hidden when running from command line, but looks like there is still something that has been forgotten and does a popup in that old version ;-/

Regards,
Stefan
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranjith001122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2013 at 8:29am
Thanks for the quick reply.  I informed about your suggestion to the team and we like to know more details.

Currently we have the license for FormsTool V2.0(235). 

So if we need to upgrade to V3.0 then what will be the procedure and cost. 

This will help to proceed with the resolution.

Thank you.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2013 at 8:52am
our licenses are good for 2 years from the date of purchase and independent of any version number. If you purchased your license less than 2 years ago then you can simple install V3.0 and use your current license key to unlock the new version!

Regards,
Stefan
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranjith001122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2013 at 9:05am
Great.  We installed it couple of years back and at this point if we need V3 then we have to purchase it.

Like to know what is the cost. Please provide the details or link to get more details about license and user cost.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2013 at 9:09am
Please contact me at sales@orcl-toolbox.com .. the price of a license extension is about 50% of the public listed new price. Extending your license will give you again 2 years of free updates/tech support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic