FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Batch Convertor error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
apacheuk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apacheuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batch Convertor error
    Posted: 15-October-2014 at 11:46pm
Version :- FormsAPI Master V3.0(431)
Trying to use the batch convertor to go from binary to xml and get the following error :-

Conversion failed! temporary-filename [path to file] could not be renamed to target-filename [path to file]#1 : Operation Failed

Any ideas?

As a side note, we're looking into this as a way of storing source in a source control software (TFS) the general feeling is this may allow us to do some auto merging etc.... Does anyone know if this works? I've only tried it once before(not using APIMAster) but found that "stuff" went missing when it was converted back to binary. This was a while ago.
koja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2015 at 10:59am
h'm apacheuk,

I'm using Forms API Master V3.0(434)

Interesting question. It was my experience as well that stuff went missing using the Oracle forms2xml convertor btw. 

Anyway I tried to convert the fmb(1.4 Mb) to XML and the batch convertor succeeded. (xml 314 Kb of nicely formatted XML!).
The revert however resulted in a : Error (Exception: Conversion failed!#1 : Operation Failed)

Now my Form contains images and other graphics, subclassed from an object library and I don't see anything (apart from the image name in the XML) like image files in the export. 

Stuff I remember breaking with the Oracle convertor was the coordsys and the images. Although Oracle did export images (in TIF format) and a lot of them even though they were from the object library and the same image was reused in multiple locations in the form...

We had started a script btw to export to XML, but didn't finish it. Suppose it should be possible to get it working, especially given our constraints.

You might try fmt format, but I don't think merging is an option with that format.

Cheers,

Jan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic