FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Command Line Compare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bob Watson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Command Line Compare
    Posted: 20-November-2014 at 11:32am
Trying to run a command line compare using the following:

FormsTool.exe /COMPARE /MODULE1="N:\SHARED\DDS1\Software Repository\BASELINE\R007V260\source\dds_fusersetup.fmb" /MODULE2="N:\SHARED\DDS1\Software Repository\BASELINE\R007V265\source\dds_fusersetup.fmb" /PROP="All Properties" /showunchanged

When the command comes back I get the following error:

exception message : Invalid parameter: ▸ Old file does not exist ▸ New file does not exist.

I have checked numerous times and the path to the file exists.

Bob
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2014 at 6:09am
Bob,

The command line looks correct - i only changed the filenames to some moduls i have on my computer and that exact command line of yours works.

There are 3 scenarios that i can think of that could cause a problem:

1.) some networkshares only initialize and have access to the files once you access them from within file explorer. I sometimes run into this problem with one of the FTP programs i use (FileZilla FTP Client). it launches from the same directory that i last accessed when i closed the program .. but if this is a network share that i haven't accessed yet before starting the FTP program then this will fail.

2.) Where do you call FormsTool from? ... from a cmd/bat file? .. or from within an executable? Executables sometimes require two double quotes instead of just one.

3.) The filenames are indeed incorrect - i checked my code and i really only raise this exception message if i can't access the files, so they are definitely not accessible (false location or access-credentials).

Regards,
Stefan
Bob Watson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2014 at 8:55am
I have checked the file names several times and they are correct.

Cry
Bob
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2014 at 2:58am
Dear Bob,

i am sorry - i still don't see where the problem can be - my code looks pretty solid.
I am just about to release a new build next week and will add some conditional debug code in the compare commandline that hopefully gives us some more information about what's going wrong!

Regards,
Stefan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic