FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Command Line 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bob Watson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Command Line 2
    Posted: 03-December-2014 at 9:02am
Getting a file not found for module 1 from the following command line:

FormsTool.exe /COMPARE /TEMPLATE=N:\SHARED\DDS1\Workar~1\FormsTool\Templates\DevCompareFile2Way.htm /OUT=N:\SHARED\DDS1\Releases\%3\CM\CMComp\DDS-CMP-"%ddsfl1%"-"%Year%-%Month%-%Day%.html" /filter=all /MODULE1="N:\SHARED\DDS1\Softwa~1\BASELINE\%relno%\source\%1" /MODULE2="N:\SHARED\DDS1\Softwa~1\BASELINE\%3\source\%1"

The bug report shows the following on the command line:
FormsTool.exe /COMPARE /TEMPLATE=N:\SHARED\DDS1\Workar~1\FormsTool\Templates\DevCompareFile2Way.htm /OUT=N:\SHARED\DDS1\Releases\%3\CM\CMComp\DDS-CMP-"%ddsfl1%"-"%Year%-%Month%-%Day%.html" /filter=all /MODULE1="N:\SHARED\DDS1\Softwa~1\BASELINE\%relno%\sourc

Does a command line have any length limitations.
Bob
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2014 at 5:54am
Bob,

There is a limit, but it's usually 2047 characters at worst, depending on how the tool is started (through ShellExecute windows api function) .. up to 32,767 characters (for CreateProcess function) .. and 8192 characters for running from command line on WinXP and later. The problem isn't the length - i think the bug report is just cutting the line in the report a bit too much.

Looks to me like the issue is the substitution variables - if the bug report shows still substitution fragments like %3  and %relno% then something must be wrong with the caller side. The caller has to replace them with the correct values, not the recipient (FormsTool). 

do you get the formstool compare working if you replace those substitutes yourself and launch it from command shell?

Bob Watson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-December-2014 at 6:16am
I will take another look and if I get the error again I will send the etire bug report>
Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic