FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Access Violation in Search

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katesar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katesar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Access Violation in Search
    Posted: 08-February-2018 at 6:10am
I recently had my administrative privileges on my machine taken away and now when I try to search in forms files I get an access violation error (see screenshot https://photos.app.goo.gl/srycgn8LtfylX3vm1). This only shows on the files that actually FIND the thing I'm searching for. Any suggestions on things to try?

Thanks

DavidK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2018 at 7:39am
Hi - while evaluating FormsTool, I'm now getting these Access Violation errors, though it was working fine earlier this morning. Are there log messages or some other way you can verify that the issue is related to lost admin privs? So I can cry to our sys admins...

FormsTool 64Bit V3.0(346): Simple Search, Regular Expression Search
Forms 11gR2
Windows 10

David K
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2018 at 1:02pm
I wish it was because of admin privileges, i did a quick test last week (forms12c/win10) and couldn't reproduce the error (search worked fine for me). I am now in the process of getting Forms11R2 on my new laptop installed and give that one a test too, maybe it's specific to Forms11.

Regards, 
Stefan
DavidK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2018 at 1:09pm
Yeah, sorry, I asked an admin to run FormsTool and they got the same errors. It's weird that it was working earlier this morning. I didn't find anything in c:\users\%me\etc to clean out, nor any new files in the installation folders...

DavidK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2018 at 9:21am
This cleared itself up after a couple of reboots. I'm not admin of my machine; group policy and virus def updates are always going on so no telling what was going on behind the scenes. No problems now, and the update works well, too.

DK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic