FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Detecting blank line in RDF Query Text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
djmartin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Detecting blank line in RDF Query Text
    Posted: 13-August-2004 at 6:49pm

Stefan,

I am trying to compare two (2) versions of a report (RDF files).

FormsTool is NOT showing me that the Data Model / Queries / Query Text is different in the Developer Compare, if the only difference is that one copy has blank lines in it and the other does not.  Unfortunately these blank lines are the reason why the query / report is failing.

If I comment out a blank line then the difference panel shows both the line that I changed and the other blank lines that I deleted.

David

djmartin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2004 at 7:17pm

Sorry ... my bad ... I had the 'Ignore Whitespaces' checked  ... it isn't the result I expected ... but I suppose that CR-LF can be considered to be whitespace ... unfortunately in a report query it is fatal.

Thanks.

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2004 at 12:17am

Glad you found the solution - the ignore "whitespace option" indead ignores all spaces/tabs/linefeeds/carriage returns.

Stefan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic