FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simple search gets stuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simple search gets stuck
    Posted: 19-April-2016 at 6:24pm
Glad to hear you managed to solve the problem! 

I am aware of the problem that the Oracle Forms API can be a bit "fragile" when processing many Forms at once. Whenever i call out of my side of the code into an Oracle API function then i have no chance of managing exceptions or hang-ups. The only solution to this problem would be to rewrite my tool to use a multi-process architecture (like Google Chrome browser has done) - so that i can kill a hanging process and recover without affecting the main-application. But then everytime i would want to extract Forms properties and objects i would need to send that data between different processes and that would make search (and compare) very much slower than it already is ... so i am a bit stuck with how it is  ;-/ 

Regards,
Stefan
mcardia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcardia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2016 at 5:41am
I found the problem.

I had some outdated plx/pll/olb files. I just updated them from our svn repository and it´s working now.

Thanks.

mcardia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcardia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2016 at 5:33am

Hi,
I´m facing a problem searching a string in my forms files.

Randomly, the search gets stuck, like de image below.
It does not stuck in same file. It´s random.

Any tips?

Link Screenshot

I´m using FormsTool 64bit V3.0(332)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic