FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REP-0018 on search or compare reports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
plugnplay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plugnplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REP-0018 on search or compare reports
    Posted: 16-May-2022 at 4:45am
Hi,

We are quite new to FormsTool, using version V3.0 (build 350).

We keep obtaining 'REP-0003:Error loading <file> REP-0018:REX conversion failed!' when trying to compare reports. In search mode, it seems like only files that may match the pattern get this conversion error, as other reports only show "no hits".

I cannot find any clue in the logs as to why the conversions fail.
The same happens on every computer in the team.
Accordingly to this post, we did try launching FormsTool in Admin mode but unfortunately the result is the same.

Any ideas on the matter?

Thanks
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Stefan Mueller

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2022 at 5:21am
hi,

if possible I do a pre-scan (looking for the search string in the binary file), if i find something i load the report and do an indepth search to find and report the exact location. Those loading errors probably happen because your Oracle environment isn't setup properly? ... are you using Forms11g or 12c? Most likely you will need to call C:\Oracle\Middleware\asinst_1\config\reports\bin\reports.bat (paths need to be adjusted to where you have your Oracle Report installed) to set the correct environment variable before you start "FormsTool.exe" ... settings such as CA_GPREFS, TK, UI, UI_ICON, REPORTS_CLASSPATH, etc that are necessary to use any of the Oracle Report command line tool as well as report builder.

Regards,
Stefan

plugnplay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plugnplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2022 at 5:54am
Hi,

Many thanks, that was it Smile
I called reports.bat before launching FormsTool and now report conversions are working properly.
FYI we're using Forms 12c.
Thanks for your fast reply. 

Kind regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic